Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Another Delivery!

We just received another gift from the home health people....a hoyer lift!Hoyer lifts are used to assist caretakers in lifting patients out of bed. Every morning, I literally pick up my grandma and stand her up on her feet. I'm pretty strong, but it is a tough job. So my mom asked the home health people if they had anything that could help and this is what we got.

We thought we would try it ourselves before making any attempts with grandma

.

The first step is to load the patient into the sling. We had some trouble with this, as the lift began to descend on my mom like a claw. Eventually, we got it to work.

Next, you crank the patient in the air.


Finally, you place a wheelchair underneath the patient and then they drop into it.

There is no way in hell grandma is going to let us put her in this contraption....but we're keeping it anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment